Keeping Everyone Safe - when should I keep my child off school?
If any child develops a new, persistent cough, high temperature, headache or loss of sense of taste or smell, they should stay at home. Parents should follow recommendations outlined in the official government advice.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For more information click on the NHS image opposite
Contacting Class Teachers
We appreciate that with social distancing measures in place it will be harder to have face-to-face contact with your child’s class teacher. We believe that having a strong working relationship between you and your child’s class teacher is key to ensuring that your child thrives during their time at Willenhall Primary School and as a result we have set up additional email contacts for you to use to contact your child’s teacher should you have any questions or queries.
- Nursery: Nursery@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Reception: Reception@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 1: Year1@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 2: Year2@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 3: Year3@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 4: Year4@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 5: Year5@WillenhallPrimary.org
- Year 6: Year6@WillenhallPrimary.org
We welcome visitors to Willenhall Community Primary School. Our priority is to ensure our school remains a safe place for children, staff and all other members of our school community.
All visitors arriving at school should be by appointment only. Visitors are required to wear a face mask while they are in school and to take a lateral flow test on the same day that they are visiting school, prior to arrival. You will receive an email invitation, if you accept the invitation you will then receive a QR code to scan on arrival at school to sign in.
Please ensure that you are familiar with our Visitors’ Safeguarding and Health & Safety leaflet before your visit.
Coronavirus = COVID-19:
‘CO’ for corona, ‘VI’ for virus, ‘D’ for disease and ’19’ for 2019 (the year of discovery)