We welcome prospective parents and their children to come and see our school and what we have to offer. If you would like to visit us then please phone the school and ask for our Office Manager, Mrs Lucy Smedmore, to make a suitable appointment.
School viewings are available by arrangement only.
This is a school for boys and girls from 4 to 11 years of age and is maintained by Coventry City Council. We are a two form entry school with a published admission number of 60. Should this number be exceeded, we will follow the Local Authority set criteria for admission when offering places.
Coventry City Council are the responsible authority for co-ordinating the arrangements for the admission of pupils to our school, details of their School Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme can be accessed here.
Places are allocated according to the Admission Policy which is summarised below:
All applicants with an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the school must be admitted before places are allocated using the oversubscription criteria.
If there are more requests for a school than there are places available within the school’s admission number, places will be allocated in accordance with the following criteria and in the order shown below.
- Children who, at the time of admission, are in the care of a local authority or are provided with accommodation by the authority (looked after children). Also children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted, or became subject to a residence order, child arrangements order or a special guardianship order
(A looked-after child is defined in Section 22 of the Children Act 1989.)
- Children who live in the catchment area served by the school, who have a brother or sister attending the school provided that the brother or sister will continue to attend that school the following year
- Other children who live in the catchment area served by the school.
- Children living outside the catchment area with a brother or sister who currently attends the school provided that the brother or sister will continue to attend that school the following year
- Children of Staff who have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application for the school place; or recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- All other children
If it is not possible to meet all of the requests in any one of the categories described above, the City Council will prioritise the requests by reference to distance.
For further information about primary school admissions visit: Coventry City Council Primary school admissions
We also have a nursery class and can admit children from the start of the term after they turn 3. We offer morning, afternoon or all-day places including 30-hour funded places.
If you wish for your child to attend our Nursery you need to apply directly to the school, you can download an application form by clicking here.
Follow this link for our Nursery Admissions policy including the over-subscription criteria.
If you need to find out more details or apply for 30-hour funding please visit the government website www.ChildCareChoices.gov.uk.